WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE DIFFERENT?
- As a venture studio, we build several different startup companies in rapid succession, meaning as a product designer you gain exposure to multiple projects at every phase of the business and dive in wherever they are in their journey.
- You get to imagine and re-imagine new interfaces, new capabilities, and new forms of value for end-users while collaborating with brand, content, product managers, and engineers to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Every project is unique, presenting new ways of co-creating from discovery to delivery presenting opportunities to thrive in the face of ambiguity.
- You’ll be working on everything from global impact investing to decentralized energy exchanges, creator cryptocurrencies, immersive storytelling, and music industry icons, as an example.
- Our design team solve complex problems on a daily basis, from what branding looks like in the metaverse, to the future of interactive design in VR, and how this influences brand interactivity.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work with experienced multi-disciplinary teams: You get to create best-in-class user experiences bouncing off multiple designers, art directors, motion designers, content strategists, engineers, and developers.
- Continuous improvement focus: You get to translate business insights into engaging consumer-facing experiences. You love the tension of balancing contemporary visual culture with tech-driven strategies and commercial objectives.
- Thought leadership & mentorship: Once you find your groove and establish your practice, you get to inspire and cultivate a culture of excellence providing mentorship across all aspects of conceptual modelling, feature definition, prioritization, prototype development, UI, illustration, and design.
- Project diversity: You have a proven ability to lead the design of large complex interaction systems, across multiple platforms and get to work on diverse projects that are regenerative at their core.
- You’re a storyteller at heart, you can articulate ideas and write creative concepts that link users' needs and experiences with design and business objectives.
- Grounded in empathy and curiosity, you thrive as a human-centred designer who innately understands people’s needs and translates these insights into innovative design solutions. You are just as passionate about design as you are about strategy and the analytical thinking behind your creative decisions.
- You have the ability to balance thoughtful and conceptual ideation with fast-paced execution in a dynamic environment. Your portfolio demonstrates your mastery of craft across product interfaces, ongoing product iteration, web design, experiential, strategy, and digital design.
- You’re a seasoned designer with experience in technical or product-driven companies including working in a design studio, ideally working with in-house teams in high growth environments.
- Proficient in Figma, Adobe Suite and comfortable using Notion, Pitch, and Google Suite. A degree in Design, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, or other design-related fields is certainly an advantage but not essential.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity and flexible working hours. We prefer this position to be in close proximity to our Brisbane HQ but are open to fully remote applicants who can align with Brisbane (AEST) time and, for cross-collaboration projects, with our LA (PST) satellite office.
At JM, we know better products start with diverse teams. We are an inclusive workplace committed to fostering a sense of thriving and belonging for all. That's why we strongly (see bold and underline usage) encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you share our values and our venture mindset, you’ll find a home (with your work bffs) at Josephmark.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Oh no, I only tick a few of those boxes so I’m not going to apply...”, don’t be silly. If you’re a standout human, we want to hear from you!
Facere magni sequi non eos voluptatem id fugiat iusto consequatur.
Impedit non dicta ab consequatur sunt laborum rem aliquid sint. Perspiciatis consectetur enim. Iste sunt vitae esse rerum. Pariatur laborum velit aut hic. Repellendus aperiam numquam id tenetur incidunt quo et deleniti.
Doloribus consequatur eveniet ullam tempore quaerat est.
Ut iste occaecati. Autem necessitatibus enim odit reiciendis. Eius recusandae deserunt velit temporibus sed. Hic exercitationem iste earum magnam voluptas. Voluptate sed qui quasi corrupti non vel autem est. Est quibusdam voluptatibus ex perferendis reprehenderit voluptas.
Sed dolorem occaecati ipsum minima optio. Natus sit rem. Quos eaque temporibus est consequatur officiis sed non numquam. Et vero suscipit vero corporis. Deserunt error aperiam dignissimos error doloremque odit at.
Est debitis voluptatem beatae numquam velit optio animi quod. Aspernatur deserunt minima possimus distinctio quisquam incidunt. Minus et accusantium asperiores quidem. Sapiente nostrum dolores perferendis omnis cumque. Ad voluptatem ut non reiciendis incidunt aut non ad. Autem earum aliquam facilis ex distinctio velit distinctio.